At M.S. Locksmith Ltd we are able to cut keys for most types of vehicles, the most common being the car. Below is a list of keys that we can cut or reprogram :
- Transponder Keys (most cars in 1998 contain transponder microchips programmed to a specific car)
- Standard Car Keys ( vehicle without remote central locking )
- Van keys
- Caravan keys
There can be a number of reasons why you need a replacement set of keys for your vehicle, below are the most common reasons that are coming across on a daily basis and problems an M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD auto key technician will be able to help you with:
- Replacement Keys
- Replacement transponder chip if the chip is broken/missing
- Spare Set of Car keys for convenience in case of lost or damaged vehicle key
- Locked out of your vehicle
- Damaged your car keys / Keys stuck in the ignition
- Your keys are lost for your car or your vehicle – require new keys
- Keys to your Vehicle are Stolen
- Keys have snapped in car door lock
Need a key cut in an emergency?
Should you be locked out of your vehicle at at anytime, at M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD we offer a 24 Hour Emergency Service and provide key cutting on site.
What to do when locked out of your car, van or truck?
You could be locked out of your vehicle ( car/truck/van ) and need to unlock your car, the most common being you have locked your keys in the car, have lost your car keys or have damaged or broken your keys. An M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD auto key technician should be your first port of call, who will can help you gain access to your vehicle.
Reasons for being locked out of your car / van / truck
- Key locked inside the car ( in most cases locked inside a car boot )
- Lost your vehicle keys
- Damaged or broken your keys
- Damaged transponder chip in your car key and need replacement car keys and possibly the car keys reprogramming
- Car door latch stuck and will not open
- Broken car door lock
Help. I’ve locked the keys in the car / van / truck
An M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD auto key technician should be able to gain entry and unlock your vehicle in a non destructive manner in order to retrieve your keys.
Locked out of my car without a spare key
A new key will be required so contact M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD and can cut a new key for you.
I have my vehicle keys and they do not work
If your keys are not working correctly then an M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD auto key technician will be able to identify the problem, It may be a simple case to replace the batteries or something more serious which will require new keys to be provided.
Common problems with broken car keys / damaged car keys that can be repaired / solved
- Car key is broken or damaged.
- Transponder chip in car key is broken / damaged.
- Repair car key fobs.
- Car key has snapped.
- Key is worn out.
- Car key has been jammed in the ignition to your vehicle, will not turn or cannot be removed.
- Car key has snapped off in the ignition.
Types of vehicle keys that can be repaired
- Remote key fobs ( most will need programming )
- Transponder keys ( most keys are 1998 are transponder keys with a chip inside )
- Standard Car keys ( don’t control the central locking )
- Motorbike keys
- Van keys
- Other vehicles such as caravans / trucks etc..
Should the vehicles transponder key or remote key fob be damaged or broken our auto locksmith at M.S. LOCKSMITH who specializes in key programming, will be able to reprogram your key for you or provide a new one.
An auto locksmith will be able to help you the following problems:
Snapped/damaged your car keys?
If you have a broken key or have damaged your vehicle key then you will need parts of the key in order to repair it. The chip will be removed from the key and then re-inserted into a new designed cut key.
I have a worn out key
At M.S LOCKSMITH, we are able to re-cut the key back to the original specification and the immobiliser chip, found in transponder keys, can be re used in a new key.
Is your vehicle key stuck or won’t turn in the ignition?
If your car key is stuck or not turning in the ignition barrel M.S. LOCKSMITH LTD will be ready to help. We will diagnose whether the problem is key related or ignition system related.
If key is related, then we will cut a new key and reprogram the car key or if ignition related we will repair the ignition, or failing in that replace the ignition if there is nothing that can be done.
My key is snapped in the ignition
M.S. Locksmith Ltd will be able to extract the part of the vehicle key left in the ignition and cut a new vehicle key for you.
Remote Car Key Fob Repairs
If you have damaged or broke the remote key fob to your vehicle this could cause many issues with a vehicle such as:
- Car door not opening
- Vehicle is not starting
If you require a replacement or the fob repairing it will need reprogramming, M.S. LOCKSMITH Ltd, we are specializing in re-programming key fobs will be able to help out in this case.